Friday 23 July 2021

The Girls

 24/25



Eric pushed himself off the tall metal stool and looked around nervously at the rest of the support group. They were all there for same purpose as he was – to heal, but their eyes bore into him all the same. They had all been wronged, cheated out of their regular lives and their voices ignored by society for the supposed 'Greater Good' just as he had. He had listened to their stories and now finally it was his turn to speak about the injustice that had befallen him. Placing his manicured hands on the tops of his thigh-high boots, he cast his gaze amongst them avoiding direct eye contact, and began...


“Hi everyone. My name is Eric Baker...but I guess I just go by Baker now. Obviously I don't look much like an Eric any more... Like all of you, my life was changed forever by the actions of the so-called 'Protectors' in what they say is their line of duty. Like you, I am supposed 'collateral damage' in the 'eternal struggle with evil.” He finally looked up and saw countless faces nodding in agreement. Some were scarred, others belonged to visibly injured people and many like his, were simply worn by people to whom they did not belong.


“Hello, Baker,” the group murmured in unison.


“I used to be a security guard. I was bulky and strong. I guess that's why I was chosen,” Baker looked forlorn down at his slender new existence. “The Super known as 'the Leaper' was in pursuit of a criminal outside the club I was working and she must have decided I was a good fit for the chase as before I knew it, she had commandeered by body and I was switched into the one she had previously been possessing. This one.” He gave the group a moment to look over the figure his mind now captained. In the week since the switch he had got used to the stares. At least the support group would be sympathetic. “It belonged to a girl that danced in the club I worked at. Sandy. Her mind is now stuck in a businessman from Hong Kong.”


“It's true.” The group whirled around to see a small Asian gentleman sobbing at the back of the room.


“Of course, I have tried to get through to the Protectors and their representatives,” Baker continued, “but I am sure all of you know how it goes. I was redirected through countless corporate departments and when I finally did get someone to listen to me, I was told I couldn't prove anything and threatened with legal action or 'worse' if I didn't keep my mouth shut. I was told if I even implied that the Leaper or any other of the Protectors supers had harmed me in any way, I would be made very miserable indeed.” He took a moment to survey the downcast eyes around him and knew that the rest of the group had suffered almost identical experiences. “But I'm already miserable. I kept working at the club. What else was I supposed to do? I have rent to pay and Lord knows I've watched those girls dance enough times to know how to move. I am trying to stay positive. The female orgasm is a thing to marvel,” he cracked in a half-hearted attempt to raise the mood. “But every time I grind on that pole or pull on one of these slutty outfits, I die a little more inside. Hell, I've even got bored of watching my tits bounce in the mirror.” He brushed his long dark hair from his face and sighed. “I may be stuck as a hot little stripper forever..but someday...somehow, those Supers are going to pay for what they've done.”


4 comments:

  1. Excellent supervillain origin story...

    My first thought is what if everyone that's touched by The Leaper retains a residual amount of whatever power The Leaper has, which means they may awaken similar powers and then weaponize it for revenge?

    But also, I think that's the most obvious possibility, so I'm sure there are better ideas out there...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose it could work. I do love creating supervillains. Though I must admit I never really thought of it beyong this caption.

      I would worry the story has potential to get really messy with so many characters potentially being able to bodyswap. What I have planeed for my The Artist series will be crazy enough.

      Delete
  2. Somebody has been watching The Boys lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. A bit of ' The Boys ' in there.

    ReplyDelete